Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Anniversary Scrapbook Layout

How do you capture your anniversaries in your scrapbook layouts?  I always find it challenging, I don't want to use a Valentines collection necessarily but I would like something that fits our marriage.  When I got my hands on the "Faith" Collection from Simple Stories, I knew it would be perfect for our anniversary layout.  Our marriage is built on our Christian faith, so what better way to share that story!  I used it with the current sketch from Stuck?! Sketches!  Here's what the sketch looks like:

My favorite part of this sketch is the rows of strips...let's you run a little wild with color if you want to!  Here's what I created with the sketch:

I built the whole layout around the navy blue scheme as it is a big part of the collection and I'm wearing navy blue in the picture.  That was a different approach for me, but I really like the end results.  I do have a video that goes along with this layout and talks you thru the details and my design choices with fussy cutting, layering, etc.

Here's the video for today:
This layout definitely inspired me to pull out more of those dark colors so I can combine them with brights.  And of course to continue to capture my husband and I in layouts.  Be sure to head on over to Stuck?! Sketches and play along with us.  

Here's my supply list along with Affiliate Thumbnails - just click on any of the thumbnails to see the products up close at Scrapbook.com!





2 comments:

Laura Creates said...

This is so pretty, love the use of the acetate overly, to create a unique pattern!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That's a great joyful layout!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...