Sunday, August 27, 2017

5 Tips for Using Your Sticker Stash on a Collage Scrapbook Layout

Do you have a bunch of old stickers laying around? It's always fun to use up a whole bunch of stash and today I have a layout that is perfect for doing that.  This style of layout is called a collage style because you mix and match a bunch of elements together to form a collage that looks like a shape. Melinda Spinks is known for doing this with supplies and I love to employ the technique!  Here's what I came up with for the school themed scrapbook layout:

Now if this looks complicated, I think you'll be surprised how simple it actually is!  My process video on it will walk you thru how to do the technique and some of my tips and tricks for implementing it.

I was thrilled to basically eliminate my pile of stickers from this collection by doing this layout.  I had used the collection for four layouts and four cards, so it was time to retire it's remains!  
Here's my biggest tips for you when creating a layout like this:
1) Start with your biggest stickers first.
2) Add in your medium sized stickers
3) Fill in the empty spots with the smaller stuff 
4) Use around 3-5 different types of product - I used cardstock stickers, enamel shapes, and wood veneer, 3D Stickers, and Puffy Stickers.  This allows for visual interest and dimension.
5) Place your pictures before you start so you don't waste supplies or have to rip them up later.

If you create one like this, I would love to see it!  Please share it with me on my Facebook Page or over on Instagram where you can find me as user @cameyer71.

If you want to check out the supplies I used for this layout you can click on the affiliate thumbnail links below and see them at the Scrapbook.com 


1 comment:

Mary Holshouser said...

Loved this one.
Fantastic page.
thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...