Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Doodlebug Design: Petite Prints Challenge

Doodlebug, great colors, and fun prints....it's always a win in my book!  The newest Petite Prints feature a new combination of fun prints - Gingham and Linen and come in every color under the Doodlebug Rainbow. Today I have a layout featuring a bunch of these new prints!

Whenever I see a stack of patterned papers like this I just gravitate to doing something rainbow.  This time was no exception!  Our family recently moved several states away and this little guy of mine has had a tough time adjusting.  This picture was taken on a good day and I knew it would do my mom heart good to scrap it!  

All the squares are 2 inches and I stuck with the linen pattern for the straight on squares and then used my fringe scissors on the gingham pattern. I also turned the placement throughout the layout so the fringe is going different directions.

One of my favorite things about Doodlebug is how nicely their collections combine together.  The stickers on this come from Anchors Aweigh, Spring Garden, Bunnyville, and Sweet Things!  You can't even tell I mixed and matched!  The words and the hearts also combine nicely to show a happy moment!



  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like this layout, Christine. I love how my eye is drawn to the photo first, then it scans the rest of the details on the page. I also love your idea of using the fringe scissors. The subtle detail really makes an impact. This is a perfect way to use up scraps, too!

Evelyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...