Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Dimensional Christmas Card

I love to use folding techniques to add something special to my cards and layouts.  Today I am going to share with you how I did some folding using the new Colorways Rouge Collection from Paper House Productions to create a Christmas card.

To make this card you will want to gather the following supplies: a 1 ½” circle punch (or use an electronic cutting machine to cut several), an A2 size card base (4 ¼” X 5 ½”) folded vertically.  One sheet of the Rouge Sculpted Entry cardstock from the Colorways Rouge Collection, the Reason for the Season 3D Stickers, and some ribbon.  Here’s a brief video on how I folded the circles on the card - you can access the video over at this blog post.

As you can see it isn’t very complicated.  I think one of the trickiest parts is picking out a good paper to do it with!  This one worked really well!  As you choose papers you have to watch out for stripes and things that may look like they need to line up.


With the second side of my paper choice being tone on tone, it made it work really well for the inside squares that show up!  


For the last part of the card I added a sentiment that is in the shape of a half circle.  I like the way it plays off the other semi circles in the card.  Just about any 3D sentiment can work really well for this project!  It also helps cover up any rough edges.  Top the whole thing off with a pretty bow and you have a striking and elegant card!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...