Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Sparkling up your Cards

I love to look at the details of things and try to find a way to put my own spin on them.  Today I am going to show you how I did just that with a couple of JustNick files and cards!  I added my own sparkling details to the cards!
As I was looking at the Retro Sqaure Background file I thought it would be neat to do some kind of a shape with the grid you see in it!  I have a stockpile of rhinestones so that was the perfect medium to use!  After figuring out the shape of the heart I started building from the top and bottom (so it would be close to center) and filled in from there.  I considered putting the rhinestones inside the little squares but opted for the vertices instead.
I cut out a second copy of the Retro Square in pink and filled in a border using the inside pieces.  I also cut out a coordinating sentiment from the new Card Sentiments 2 Set.
I have a soft place in my heart for scallops - I love how they look on cards and will go to them whenever I have the chance.  This card uses the Scallop Background.  After cutting out the scallop background I attached it to a piece of vellum. I absolutely loved the way the Shine Bright Accent piece from Paper House Productions (it's in the new Gatsby Collection) looked on top of the ruffles!
I then added a rhinestone to the center of each scallop.  I love how sparkly this turned out but I also think it would be really neat with little pearls!  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...