Sunday, July 5, 2015

Swimming & Camping Layouts

Today is the release of the new kits at My Creative Scrapbook!  I worked with both the Main and Creative Kits this month and loved them both!  Both are perfect for those summer/spring layouts that you have already taken or will soon!  

Here's the Creative Kit this month:
It's packed with Pebbles Inc & Doodlebug and is a fabulous combination of embellishments with texture and dimension!  Here's two of the layouts I created with it:

I worked a lot on this one in the car while I was travelling - stay tuned for details on that!  There is a ton of fussy cutting here - the waves, the word sun, the summer title...I love to fussy cut and this kit has that as an option!  I started with a base of the fussy cut waves and then added my picutres to it.  The diagonal cascade of circles leading up the sunshine helped give me a perfect spot for the title and embellishments that I wanted to add.  And those little yellow circles on the waves? Little tiny letters that say "swim" just add an extra little something.  This is one of my favorite My Creative Scrapbook Layouts ever!

More circles!  I love to design with circles, always have!  This time I created a base of patterned papers and the cloud washi tape.  I did another grouping of cascading circles and embellishments going in the other diagonal direction.  I didn't really realize the similar design of these two layouts until after I made them - but I think that's true for all of us - we have some things that we just do and they show up in a lot of our layouts!  I love that with patterned paper and embellishments you can repeat some things but still have a different look!

What are some things that you repeat on layouts?  




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...