Thursday, June 25, 2015

Make Your Own Patterned Paper!

I absolutely love the Sticker Stitches from SRM Stickers and today I am going to show you how I used them to make my own patterned paper.
This layout doesn't use any patterned paper at all!  That is kind of incredible in this industry!  But sticker stitches helped me create a fun and whimsical background!

To start with I created scribbles with gelatos - one color for each of my kids.  I then topped each one with a star that I made from the Sticker Stitches.

Each kiddo got a different stitch for their star- it was fun to watch how they turned out with different stitches.  If you want to make stars like this you will want 2 sheets of the Sticker Stitches - because it takes about 1 1/2 stitch to make each one. I also added in some die cut solid black stars to play up the star feature even more.

I added in various sticker stitches into my margins outside of the picture area.  I cut them to be different sizes and didn't worry if they were straight or symmetrical - I just put 'em down!  It made for a super cool and one of a kind background!

And if you don't want to mess with the stickers - guess what!?! SRM has just released Clear Stamp Stamped Stitches now too!  They will be awesome and allow you to make a project like this just as easily!

Supplies Used:
Stickers: SRM Stickers
Enamel Dots: Recollections
Gelatos: Faber Castell



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...