Thursday, May 28, 2015

Father's Day Shaped Card

I'm a huge fan of shaped cards and with a little playing you can create a shaped card out of nearly any shape you want.  Today I am going to share a fun sunglasses shaped card that I shared over on the Core'dinations blog today too!
Fathers-Day-Card-31
"My Dad Rocks" Sunglasses Card Supplies:
Step 1: Use an electronic cutting machine to cut out a sunglasses card.  To make a shape into a card you should: Mirror the image above the original and then weld the top edges together.
Technique Tip: Core'dinations cardstock cuts beautifully on the Silhouette Cameo. If you notice in my picture below my edges are a little rough!  To avoid that make sure to do the following settings: Set your blade at 4 (I had it set at 2 here before I realized it was too late), your speed at 3, thickness at 33, and set it to Double-Cut.  This will give you a clean cut.  But if you goof up like me and forget to change your blade to the right setting, a little sanding with our Sand-it Gadget will take care of the rough edges!

Fathers Day Card 1
Step 2: Use the lens space to trace and cut out some lenses on the Metallic Silver paper.  Cut them out and emboss them.

Fathers Day Card 2
Step 3: Add the lenses to the card and attach a sentiment at the top.  I used this cut file for my sentiment.

Fathers Day Card 4

Step 4:  Add some finishing touches, a couple of stars, some white outlining, and you are done!

Fathers-Day-Card-3

It's all ready to add a fun message inside to Dad!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...