Monday, April 27, 2015

DIY Pencil Flower Bouquet

Teacher Appreciation Day is coming up next week and now's the time to get creating if you want to make a special handmade gift!  Today I am going to share with you how to transform plain old pencils into a beautiful bouquet just like this! And although it looks like it would take a lot of time, Core'dinations new Party Mixers make this project quick and easy! I am kind of crazy for this new set of embellishments from Core'dinations - I expect you will be seeing a lot more of them in projects from me!
Teacher-Appreciation-Pencil-Bouquet
Pencil Flower Bouquet Supply List:
Step 1: Wrap Glitter Tape around the pencils to pretty up the stems.  I left about 2 inches at the bottom of the pencil so that they could be sharpened and usable if she wanted them to be used.
Step 2: Add a dot of hot glue to the eraser tip and attach a rosette there.

Pencil Bouquet Closeup 1

Step 3:  Continue to add all the Rosettes to the pencils.  I did ten total and that filled out the pot nicely.
Technique Tip: Because of the canvas texture of the Core Cardstock and the thickness these will soak up the hot glue quickly and don't need much time at all to dry.  I spent less than five minutes doing the glue part!

Pencil Bouquet Closeup 2

Step 4: Add the Paper Pops to the center of the Rosettes using a quick drying liquid adhesive.

Pencil Bouquet Closeup 4

Technique Tip: As you go through your Paper Pops package make sure you look at both sides of the Pops!  At first I wasn't sure how to use them thinking I had a lot of letters and that wasn't going to work for my flowers.  But when I flipped them over I figured out they have a cute icon on the back of each one!  Perfect for this project and so versatile!
Pencil Bouquet Closeup 5

Step 5: Add some ribbon to your pot and fill it with rice (or beans or coffee beans or something that will help hold your pencils in place)

Teacher-Appreciation-Pencil-Bouquet2

Party Mixers made this project so easy!  I love how versatile they are and that they can be used for all kinds of celebrations!  I don't know a teacher out there who wouldn't love to receive something like this!  I think I may make one for my homework area at home!

-Christine



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...