Monday, August 18, 2014

Metallic Gold & SRM Stickers - a Fabulous Combination!

A few years ago I would never have used metallic gold on a paper crafting project!  Now it is everywhere and I am loving it!  Today I sharing two cards over on the SRM Stickers Blog that play off of this fabulous trend!  Here's the big shots and if you'd like to check out closeups head on over to SRM.
I recently picked up the Market Street collection by My Mind's Eye from The Scrapbooking Studio.  It's a really neat line with a whimsical but classy feel to it.  I decided to play off of the classy part for my projects today and really zone in on the metallics! For this card I just added circular Fancy Sticker Sentiments down the center.  Sequins were a quick added touch that packed some punch!
 
This card is a little more complicated but I love it!  I added the sticker sentiment to some of the patterned paper hoping for the gold dots to show through.  I then mounted it onto a silver metallic doily.  Layers of patterned paper make up the base accented with a gold bow.  Playing off of the polka dots I added some silver sequins and gold chipboard dots. 

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye
Stickers: SRM Stickers
Doily: SRM Stickers
Ribbon: Ribbons Unlimited
Chipboard: My Mind's Eye



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...