Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I (Heart) Summer Card

I have never done a gate fold card before but today I am up at Samantha Walker and I thought it was the perfect chance to try one out! Since summer is kicking off I thought it would be the perfect time to do the A2 sun gate fold card.
Using pieces from both Summer Lovin' and Cool Summer, I pieced this card together and created a bright and cheery summer piece!

First I cut the card in a bright yellow cardstock.  I then added some adhesive to the main base of the card.

I added some striped paper from Summer Lovin' to jazz up the background!

I then did some faux stitching along the edges of the sun and added some pearls.  I backed the I love Summer sticker with cardstock and cut it out.  I then added it to the center over where the card fastens.  I fussy cut a few clouds and added those to both sides as well as a palm tree sticker.  Twine and a clothespin were my final touches.  Because it is an intricate cut - you can just add a few personal touches to make it really shine!  


Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Samantha Walker for Carta Bella
Twine: The Twinery
Stickers: Samantha Walker for Carta Bella
Pearls: Doodlebug

1 comment:

Leslie Germain said...

Great summer card. Love how the suns open. So clever!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...