Thursday, April 3, 2014

Star Card

The current challenge over at Northridge Publishiung's blog is to use stars on your card.  I had the inspiration to try to sew some stars and it was way easier than I expected.  Here's what I came up with:
After doing the machine stitching, I punched stars from some contrasting papers and scattered those throughout the card and then also added some mist, enamel dots, and wood stars to create a whole cascading cluster.  Imaginisce's Perfect Vacation made for a great collection choice with it's vibrant colors.  In order to stitch the stars, I was careful to make sure the needle was down when I was ready to turn an angle.  I don't always have the easiest time with machine stitching but am trying to get more practice in and this was the perfect opportunity to do so!

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Imaginisce
Wood: Studio Calico
Enamel Dots: Studio Calico
Mist: Studio Calico

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...