Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Using Scraps to Create Cards

Ahhhhh so excited!  Today is my premiere day at Imaginisce and I am thrilled to share these projects with you!  The theme there this week is to use scraps - something I love to do!  Here's my cards!
My favorite thing to do with scraps is to cut them up and put them back together to make something interesting ( I know this is shocking to you regulars :))!  For the background of this card I cut triangles out of the light blue paper and then applied them to the card leaving spaces between, allowing the base to peek through!  I also fussy cut some snowflakes from scraps and surrounded those by small snowflakes punched in a complementary color.  I'm finding that I am going to kraft colored items a lot right now...be it in the form of actual kraft paper, burlap, twine....you get my drift!  

Supplies Used:
Stickers: Imaginisce Childhood Memories
Patterned Paper: Imaginisce Colors of Christmas
Cardstock: CutCardStock
Gems: Queen & Co.
Twine
Doily: Wilton
Adhesive: Helmar
I am almost always creating birthday cards from scraps.  It is easy to use scraps to make the colors and style match the personality of the recipient.  This simple card was created by combining a Silhouette cut file from Samantha Walker and some simple Imaginisce die cuts.  Under a few random circles I added some colored scrap papers. Adding a ribbon and some enamel dots helps create some different textures and tie the whole thing together.


Supplies Used:
Die Cuts: Imaginisce Birthday Bash 
Patterned Paper: Imaginisce Berrylicious
Cardstock: American Crafts
Enamel Dots: My Mind's Eye


1 comment:

Cathy said...

Love these...great use of scraps!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...