Thursday, January 30, 2014

Simple Stories Daily Grind Layout - Documenting a year of a child's photos in a layout

I haven't had the opportunity to play a lot with Simple Stories products.  But this month I got to work with it for The Scrapbooking Studio and I like what I came up with.  They have a lot of pocket style products, so you have to think outside of the box a bit. I have several cards, layouts, and an altered project to share but I am going to spread them out a bit :) Here's my first layout:
Now, I'm pretty sure this isn't what the designer was expecting when they created this paper.  But as I looked at it, I thought it could be fun to document a year of a child's life.  I have a lot of Boaz pictures to work with, so I went that route.  I could see this being very fun to do each year for each kiddo!  I made use of my We R Memory Keepers corner chomper to get the edges of my pictures to line up.  It definitely took some time to cut and measure each picture, but less time was spent on actual design work.  For each month I added one dimensional embellishment (mostly chipboard) and tried to add an additional word/phrase sticker.  Definitely one of the most fun layouts I have done, ever!

Supplies Used: 
Patterned Paper: Simple Stories
Stickers: Simple Stories, American Crafts
Enamel Dots: Freckled Fawn

2 comments:

Christy said...

I really love the grid feel of this layout. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Suzanna Lee said...

Fun for sure! Love the synopsis of Bo's first year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...