Saturday, January 25, 2014

Easy Birthday Card Ideas

Hi CutCardStock Fans!  Christine joining you today to share a couple of quick (yes, really) birthday cards!
First up we have one that utilizes washi tape!  To form your chevrons you will want to do the following:
1) Line up the washi tape diagonally with a top corner and go down diagonally
2) Repeat on the opposite side so that the two tapes meet
3) Trim so that they have space (lightly using a craft knife works really well) or leave no space.
4) Then do two additional chevrons below that and one above.
Embellish with a lot of a little!  I have used several supplies on this one - but I have also stopped at just words!
This one is even easier!  I simply used a die cut for my "Happy Birthday" words but before attaching it to my card base, I added some doilies underneath.  It adds some texture and makes it more interesting than just a die cut!  Once again, you could add a lot to it, or you could go simple as I did with just a few additional embellishments to bring in some color!

CutCardStock Supplies Used:
Cardstock: CutCardstock
Stickers: American Crafts, Little Yellow Bicycle, SRM Stickers, 
Washi Tape: My Mind's Eye & Doodlebug

1 comment:

craftykellyj said...

Pretty cards! Love both of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...