Sunday, December 29, 2013

Playing with the My Mind's Eye Sketch


My Mind's Eye December Sketch - by Ronda Palazzari

As soon as I saw this month's sketch at My Mind's Eye, I knew I wanted to play along.  Lucy wanted me to take a picture of her with her new doll and make the picture right away, so this was the perfect excuse to do just that!  I had tons of pieces left from Cut & Paste and they were a good match for the outfits her and her doll were wearing! I absolutely love how beautifully My Mind's Eye coordinates their lines...they have become a new favorite of mine! Over the last six months I have had the opportunity to play with their lines on several occasions and now I can't get enough!






I'm not much of a sketch person.  I want to change that this year and so this was a good jumping off point.  I'm going to be honest with you...as I started I was hating the direction it was going.  But as I continued, I liked it more and more!  As you can clearly see I definitely started with the sketch but really carried it in my own direction from there.  The words "And So It Begins" were a perfect addition to the new world we've unleashed with an American Girl Doll in the house!  If you follow me on Pinterest you are going to see that I am definitely pinning more sketches....and going to be giving this element of the industry a real shot!

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye
Brads: My Mind's Eye
Stickers: My Mind's Eye
Wood: Studio Calico

1 comment:

stephanie howell said...

What a vibrant layout. Thank you so much for entering our contest!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...