Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Gymnastics Projects

I have been excited to use these Paper House Productions products since I opened up my design team box! I have loved gymnastics my whole life and my little Lucy loves it now too!  I knew I had the perfect pictures to pair this line with!  Today I am going to share with you a layout and a couple of wall hangings that I created.

Gymnastics Layout for Paper House Productions by Christine Meyer
Tips:  Working with paper that has a lot built into it already can be tricky - not wanting to cover up all the pretty design but also wanting your pictures to stand out.  I added my pictures to the center but then also die cut some stars to help the design flow into the pictures.

Techniques:  The pictures on their own could easily get lost - but layering pieces underneath the pictures helps to really draw the eye in.  I used circles to break up the rigidity of the stars and then some tags because I felt like the bows on them would add to the overall girly feel of the page :).

Shhhhhhh....these two wall hangings are Christmas presents for Lucy!
Gymnastics Wall Hanging for Paper House Productions by Christine Meyer
Tips:  To bring out the glitter in the stickers I matted the piece with some glitter foam.  It added dimension and matched perfectly.
Techniques:  A lady who comes to my monthly card class, Donna, introduced me to a very simple technique that you see employed here!  She showed me a card where she took a 2 X 6" piece of paper and then cut it on the diagonal to create sunbursts.  I can't tell you how many times I have used that since she showed it to me!  It is such a simple way to add a sunburst without a whole lot of measuring, tracing, etc.  I used the "Little Girl Paper Pad" for this.

Gymnastics Wall Hanging for Paper House Productions by Christine Meyer
Tips: There's that same paper again!  I used it for this and only used the top corner for it.  It's hard sometimes to cut into paper like that and disturb the design....but when you can find a way to do it, it can be fabulous!  I also combined the stickers to make the "I love gymnastics" sentiment look like a balance beam with the girl to her handstand on it!


Supplies Used:
Gymnastics 3D Stickers from Paper House Productions
Little Girl Paper Pad from Paper House Productions
Gymnastics patterned paper from Paper House Productions






3 comments:

Suzanna Lee said...

OMG! Little Lucy is SO going to love her presents!! And then you will have another layout! The pics of her opening her present!

Jodi said...

Absolutely LOVE your cards!!!!!!

Lissa said...

Love these projects! So bright and fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...