Thursday, September 19, 2013

Paper House Productions Birthday Card - Using Little to No Patterned Paper

Since it is my hubby's birthday it seems like a good day to share a birthday card.  This one is obviously not for my husband :)

Paper House Productions Card by Christine Meyer - creating a card without using patterned paper

Tips: Sometimes you don't have to use a lot of patterned paper to create a beautiful project - all you need is some layers of several smaller items and that takes care of it!  In my case, layers of leftover tags, die cut, and doily!

Techniques: If you look at almost anything I have made you will notice I almost always work in threes and triangles.  This is especially true if I am doing something in a freestyle collage style!  Look carefully and you can see that my wood hearts form a triangle and each one is part of a cluster of embellishments.  This doesn't mean every single item you use has to have three of them - because that will make things crrrrazy!  But a couplet significant elements this works really well with!

Supplies Used:
Stickers: Paper House Productions
Marquee Die Cut: Paper House Productions (cut from patterned paper)
Enamel Dots: My Minds Eye
Wood Hearts: Studio Calico


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...