Saturday, September 7, 2013

A "Sweet" Bella Blvd Card

I'm down for the count with a nasty sore throat and that means no crafting - but lots of computer time!  So I'm back to share another card with you!  I was going for lots of color coordinating on this one...but I didn't have a good button to match the gray, so I just matched it up with the blue one :)  Not sure it's perfect - but it's not too bad either!

Bella Blvd card by Christine Meyer using crochet hearts
Tips:
-Matching up colors for embellishing is super easy when you stick with one company.  These goodies all come from Bella Blvd and although they were released at different times, she makes sure the pinks coordinate, etc.
-As much as I like clean lines, every once in a while I like to mix things up.  As you can see here I tilted the main part of my card to add some extra interest.

Techniques:
-Another trend I have noticed just recently is people doodling faux stitching more on projects.  I have always loved to do that...glad to see I'm not alone :)
-Machine stitching onto washi tape is a quick and easy way to add extra texture to your card.

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Bella Blvd
Crochet Hearts: Bella Blvd
Buttons: Bella Blvd
Designer Tape: Bella Blvd
Chipboard: Bella Blvd

6 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

What an adorable card! Love the faux stitching!

Cathy said...

I adore this card, too! Love every detail!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Hi Christine! I hope you're feeling better soon!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. :) Your comment made me smile. I love your card and I think you did an awesome job matching up the buttons.

lesliiw said...

Super Cute! I love the crochet hearts!

h_borgers said...

Love the colors! What a beautiful card! Also, totally enjoying the hearts! Will have to get some of those when I am out next time! They bring alot of life to it!

Unknown said...

Love the stitching in the tape! Those hearts are so fun. I want some.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...