Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Handstitched Birthday Card

As I was sorting thru a stack of layouts today, I found a whole bunch of cards and layouts I haven't shared with you yet!  This first one is perfect for the last day of summer (my kids go back to school tomorrow!)
As I've mentioned before I have been playing with long hand stitches and seeing what kinds of fun backgrounds I can create with them.  For this card I created by sunburst first.  All the bursts go back to one hole....which was ginormous and had to be covered!  I didn't want to go with just a sun because I wanted a contrast in color so I decided to use some pretty blue cloud stickers from Echo Park.  I also added a chipboard banner piece from Pebbles.  I used some liquid pearls to create my little dots and added a birthday sentiment.  This might just be the perfect birthday card for my hubby in a few weeks!

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Echo Park, Pebbles, Simple Stories
Stickers: Pebbles, Echo Park

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...