Thursday, August 15, 2013

Carta Bella "Giddy Up" Layout and Altered Embroidery Hoop

Vacation ended and I have been busy recovering and trying to crank out some projects!  A lot has happened in my scrapbooking world in the last few weeks, including that I am no longer on the design team with GCD Studios as they have canceled their design team.  The other big change is that I am no longer with Gina's Designs - but with those big changes comes exciting and happy news.  I can't share it yet, but look for some announcements soon!!!  Today I have another couple projects to share with you that feature the Giddy Up line from Carta Bella.  
First up I created an altered embroidery hoop for a sample for The Scrapbooking Studio!
I love doing these and I haven't had the opportunity to do one in awhile.  The entire thing is made up of paper!  I added a few papers and stickers from the line and tied a big burlap bow.  When I was finished I felt like it was a little too plain so I added the pennants made from washi tape to the bottom and that added just a little extra color and texture.  

My next project is a layout that I thought I had already shared...but I guess I had only done so on Facebook.  I am thrilled to say that I actually won a contest using it!
I liked so many of the patterned papers in this line that I decided to create a grid base so I could use a bunch of them.  Anytime you do that though you have to keep things pretty simple for the rest.  I tiled the whole grid so it wasn't quite so linear.  The pictures on here are just a hodge podge of ones that I hadn't used yet but wanted to!  Perfect chance to get five photos committed!

As we traveled I was able to visit several local scrapbook stores.  Doing so drove home all the more how much I love The Scrapbooking Studio in Bloomington!  The prices are competitive if not better than the others I visited.  In fact there were adhesives and tools that I saw that are significantly cheaper at The Scrapbooking Studio.  I also visited stores that didn't carry a lot of the current lines and the great variety of style that are offered there.  It made me realize even more how blessed we are to have that little store available to us!  The day after we got home, I went in and did some shopping :)




1 comment:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great projects! That last layout is a real winner in my book! Can't wait to hear your scrappy news!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...