Friday, May 25, 2012

Card made from light bulb packaging

School is over for the year, everyone is asleep..seems like the perfect time to blog right!  I made this card several months ago for some magazine submissions, but it didn't get picked up so now I get to share it with you!  I still love it and that's what matters most right!


For my corrugated background I used the packaging from a light bulb!  You never know what will strike you for inspiration on cards...my hubby is usually thoroughly entertained watching my thought process as I set aside random items!  I also used a die cut in a nontraditional manner.  The swirl that you see is meant to be a rolled flower, but I decided to use it in it's "raw" form instead!  I like the whimsy it adds.  Very out of my normal color range on this one too, but I love the way it pops with the pastel yellow and brown.  

Hope you are in for a relaxing Memorial Day weekend!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock by Momenta
Bakers Twine by the Twinery
Gems by Creative Charms
Sticker by Glitz Design
Cricut Cartridge Flower Shoppe

1 comment:

Cathy said...

love this! such a great idea and adore the flower swirl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...