Sunday, January 1, 2012

Butterfly Garden Card

This totally would have made my top 10 from 2011...but I needed to hold it back for Momenta!  I think it actually may be one of my all time favorites!  I don't use a lot of pastels in my scrapping but I wanted to check out the Butterfly Garden Pyramid Pad from Momenta and I'm so glad I gave it a chance.  This Pad has the most gorgeous paper and is amazing when fussy cut!  Check out all the dimension on this card and it wasn't even difficult to do!  I based this card on a sketch for CARDS magazine submission calls for May.  It didn't get picked up (three others did though!) and I have no way to link you to the sketch.
I created my base from a nice yellow cardstock.  Then added the striped patterned paper at the bottom.  One of my favorite features of our pyramid pads is that they have one "busy and detailed" side of paper and one "calmer and neutral one."  I used one of the neutral sides for my pink background to help ground things before I went dimension crazy!  The pyramid pads are set up with two sided cardstock in descending sizes and the designs get smaller to make them more user friendly for cards.  I love them!

I punched 5 1 1/2 inch circles (in all different patterns), and 5 1 inch circles (again in all different patterns).  I glued them together and then popped them each up.  I fussy cut the flowers and popped those up also (just in the center) and then pulled the petals upward so they really popped up.  You don't see a lot of this but I did it in this card too and I think it adds a really nice touch!  I topped those off with gems.  Finally I fussy cut two butterflies and glued the first one down tight but only glued the body of the second one down.  I pulled the wings forward, again to give it some pretty pop.  I am officially hooked on this pyramid pad!


Supplies Used:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...