Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Halloween Banner

I have been loving checking out all the fabulous Halloween themed crafting going on all over the blogs and Pinterest.  Although mine turned out pretty different the original picture I saw for a Halloween banner is here.  I actually just saw it once and didn't reference again because I wanted mine to take on a life of it's own!  For my project today I decided to join in on the fun and create my first banner ever!  I have little kiddos and we try to keep Halloween light and silly...so with the help of my sweet four year old we created a cutesy Halloween banner featuring our favorite Halloween icons.

Together her and I looked thru magazines to find inspiration on what I could make still look like the icon but in a triangle form.  You'd be surprised how many ideas we came up with.  I sorted thru my Momenta paper pads and some scraps that I had left from kits, locating all the colors that I wanted to use.  I tried to create some using solid cardstock and others with patterned paper - keeping an interesting combination by doing that. After I created it I had her tell me what it was (that way I knew if I was on the right track...)  I also had her help me with a little bit of making dots and doodles here and there.  I used very simple paper piecing to create all of these and added some punches for the facial features.  They all of course have to adorn googly eyes - between those and goofy smiles I think we got them all pretty silly looking!

Here's the final product:


And here's some close ups of all the fun icons:
















This was one of the most fun things I have ever created...it's amazing what you can do with fun paper!  One funny note - we don't have a fireplace mantle and I want to hang this in our kitchen windows.  But for the sake of a picture to share with you it is hanging up over our master bed :)  The things my sweet hubby endures for the sake of crafting!  

Supplies Used:
PA 2329 Kaldeidoscope Super Paper Pad


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute and creative! I love how you adapted everything to triangles.
~Natalie

P.S. I hang my banners across my windows, too... no mantle for me, either... maybe someday!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely adorable! I think it should be included on Fabulous Friday! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...