Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Authentique Coasters

I was having a bad day last week and decided to spend some time with Lucy doing a fun project.  We created our own, monogrammed coasters!  We made four using Authentiques Journey Collection and four using Momentas Family Forever Collection.  I'm saving the Momenta ones for now...but you'll get to see them  in the future!  Here's how we made them.  We used regular ceramic tiles (.08 cents) and cut out squares that were 4 1/8" X 4 1/8".  We put homemade modge podge (equal parts white glue and water) on the tiles, put the paper on, and then did a top coat of the glue mixture.  Then we added the M's and put glue over them.  Once that dried we sprayed them with clear paint to add a glossy look and seal everything in (making them usable as coasters).  I wasn't sure if the M's would make them not hold up as well...so far we're good!  Even without the M's they would be a fabulous, one of a kind addition to any house!  I'm thinking these might just be some Christmas gifts this year...

1 comment:

Mara Campbell said...

These are fabulous!!! I love them. I just made some chalkboard coasters but I would love to try to make some with patterned paper. What kind of clear paint did you use at the end to seal them?

Love these!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...