Thursday, June 30, 2011

Front Porch Kit Layout


This is the great kit I got to work with for a feature on Practical Scrappers.  I really enjoy this monthly feature and this month was no exception. I am always amazed how different each kit is...you can see how owners really put their own spin on things.

 I used some of the fabric to create rolled flowers (first time ever!)  I also used some of the yarn to create the smaller flowers that mimic the rolled ones.  This paper from My Minds Eye and Crate Paper is gorgeous and I had to find a way to use as much of it as possible :)  I really really love My Minds Eye Stella and Rose line.  I haven't always been a huge My Minds Eye fan, but their stuff lately has really been appealing to me!

If you know me, you know I don't do a ton of altered projects stuff.  But this idea was too cute to resist.  This family tree wall hanging was based on a project from their cd-rom.  The corrugated cardboard actually came from the box they sent the kit in.  The tree die-cut is a special feature in this kit as well.


 Some more of that paper...I fussy cut it to show off the flowers from it.  I love this picture of me and Cooper, I know I am totally cut off, but I love that you can see in my face how much I love that little guy.

I used some more of the fabric to create the yellow flower.  The blue flower is from their build a flower template...I bent it a little too much.  

This layout showcases all that texture...mesh, blue netting trim, flowers, buttons...As you can see I barely used patterned paper!  I always think it's cool when texture provides the depth for a layout.

Would you like to get your hands on a Front Porch Kit?
Practical Scrappers is doing a giveaway...click here to check it out.







  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...